If you are an avid traveller and have an affinity for gambling, especially for poker, who never says no to a competitive challenge, we have some suggestions for you in terms of places to visit based on poker player Daniel Negreanu’s favourite gaming locations.
For those out of the loop, Daniel Negreanu is the most popular player in the history of poker and has under his belt six World Series of Poker bracelets and two World Poker Tour Championship titles. He was born in Toronto, Canada, and currently lives in Las Vegas, the poker capital of the world.
Aside from taking part in all kinds of tournaments, he is the ‘Poker Ambassador’ of the Wynn Las Vegas resort, and he gets involved in promoting online gaming. In an interview at the 2015 World Series of Poker, which was held at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Paradise, Nevada, he mentioned his involvement in discussions with government officials to bring online poker back in California, especially Sacramento.
So, based on this information alone, we learn that some of his favourite gaming locations include his hometown Toronto, Las Vegas, Paradise, and Sacramento.
Gamblers who visit Toronto will be pleased to know that, besides the CN Tower – the tallest free-standing structure in the western hemisphere, the Royal Ontario Museum, Casa Loma, and Ripley’s Aquarium, they can also enjoy some gaming time at one of these casinos, located in and around Toronto:
- The Ex – tourists should be warned that this casino is only open for about a month every summer.
- Casino Rama – located about two hours from the city, this venue offers a generous number of table games to choose from and over 2,500 slot machines.
- Casino Niagara – perfect for those with a penchant for poker.
- Great Blue Heron Charity Casino – greets customers with 545 slot machines and 60 table games.
Is there anything left to say about Vegas, this mega-popular gambling hub that can satisfy any poker player’s ambitions and dreams?
Given that the casinos in this city are well known by gaming enthusiasts, we’ll just mention here some curiosities about it.
- There is a total of 103 casinos in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas is a Spanish term meaning ‘The Meadows’
- 87% of Nevada’s gambling revenue comes from casinos in Clark County, which also included Vegas
- More than 41 million people visit Las Vegas each year
- Seventeen of the 20 biggest hotels in the U.S. are in Las Vegas
- Gambling is strictly prohibited just 40 kilometres (25 miles) away from the Strip
Paradise is an unincorporated town near the city of Las Vegas. It’s not as popular as Vegas, but gaming activities are also regular here. Some of the best locations to place your bets are:
- Caesars Palace
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
- Mardi Grass Hotel & Casino
While in Sacramento, you shouldn’t miss some great tourist attractions such as the California Automobile Museum, which has a host of antique cars on display, the Sutter’s Fort and the State Capitol, but if you’re here for gambling, these are the places you should be looking for:
- Capitol Casino – this gaming facility offers the most popular poker, casino, and card games.
- Limelight Cardroom – ideal for fans of card games, especially blackjack and baccarat, as it offers daily tournaments.
- The Lotus Casino – customers will enjoy table games and an attached restaurant offering American and Asian fare.
- Red Hawk Casino – was voted Best Casino five years in a row. It offers over 2400 slot machines, 60 table games, five restaurants and four bars.
- Shuffle Master Inc – good entertainment hub for gaming enthusiasts.