Macau is an Asian destination that is both intriguing and fascinating. While most of the people know it for the luxurious casino – The Venetian Macau – there are many interesting things to do here. It is the fourth richest place in the world, so it definitely has the WOW factor people are looking for.
Major Attractions in Macau
An interesting thing about Macau is the way it is divided. There are four distinct parts: the original city, the former island of Taipa, the Cotai Strip (with all the new casinos), and Coloane.
While most people associate Macau with casinos, it is important to know that you can schedule an exciting vacation if you include these major attractions on your list:
- experiment the local cuisine by testing new and delicious flavours
- take a glimpse of rustic China by visiting Taipa Village
- visit the Historic Centre of Macau – Senado Square listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Site
- try a spiritual approach by entering the Chinese Temples
- get an adrenaline rush with the world’s second-highest bungee-jump located the Macau Tower
- test your gambling skills at one of the best casinos in the world: The Venetian Macao, City of Dreams and Galaxy Macao
- discover the nightlife and the amazing city lights
The Venetian Macao
The Venetian Macao is the fifth largest building in the world, as it occupies 980,000 square meters. The resort has an impressive and modern architecture and manages to impress through its grandeur. 3,000 suits are waiting for tourists from all over the world, and 51,000 square meters of casino fun.
Guests can only expect high-class gambling, that includes:
- 3,400 slot machines
- 800 gaming tables
- an arena with 15,000 to follow sporting events
The dress code imposed is casual and smart. An interesting thing about The Venetian and other casinos in Macau is the fact that they are focused on entertaining their guests. As a result, the rules are more relaxed. However, this does not mean that flip-flops or shorts are accepted.
Accommodation & Restaurants
If the vacation plans include gambling nights, it is important to know that all big casinos offer accommodation and it is a great way to mix visiting with playing. The best hotels are:
- Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel
- Galaxy Hotel
- Conrad Macao
- Holliday Inn
- Sofitel Macau
As it was mentioned above, Macao is also famous for the food. The top five restaurants that must not be missed are:
- Copa Steakhouse
- Bar Celona Tapas&Rice
- Golden Peacock
- Lai Heen
- Urban Kitchen
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Macao is during autumn when the sunny days are not extremely hot and the nights are cool. During summer, the temperatures go over 30 degrees and there are also typhoons that could ruin your trip.
If you want to feel the hustle and bustle of this luxurious destinations, then you need to visit it during the weekend. Other important events that bring numerous tourists are the Golden Week, at the beginning of October, and the Lunar New Year, between January and February.